Pokies Tips&Tricks – Everything about Pokies Odds and Strategies
Pokies are simple casino games of chance that you change your life in the shortest possible time. Players love pokies for their jackpots, simple rules, variety, themes, special features, and lucrative game mechanics. Read our expert guide to find out how you can maximize your pokie profits.
100% Up To 500AUD + 50 FS
100% Up To AUD500+ 100 FS
100% Up To 500AUD + 200FS
How to Win at the Pokies
Pokies are powered by random number generators (RNG) that determine random results. You cannot use strategies to reduce the house edge of a pokie, but you can use the following tips to maximize your chances of winning a pokie.
- Play pokies that offer a return to player (RTP) of at least 96%.
- Read the rules and play a few games for free before wagering real money.
- Play within your bankroll limits.
- Play pokies with smaller jackpots as they pay frequently. Progressive jackpots, though exciting, are hard to hit.
Start playing pokies only after you fully understand that pokies have no winning strategies or systems. Study the following table to learn the secrets of pokies.
|Is there a strategy to hit the jackpot?||
|Are pokie wins predictable?||
|What are hot and cold pokies?||
|Which is the best time to play pokies?||Any time is the best time.|
Pokies have fixed odds. Play them in any way and implement any strategy you please, but your odds of winning remain the same.
The following table gives you a basic understanding of pokie odds.
Biggest Pokie Wins Ever
- In 2016, an anonymous Aussie player won A$10,423,223 million while playing Microgaming's Dark Knight at Spin Palace Casino.
- In 2009, a Greek player called Georgios M won $8.6 million while playing a Microgaming pokie at River Belle Online Casino.
- A Swedish player won €7.6 million while playing Hall of Gods at Unibet Online Casino.
- In 2015, an anonymous player won $8.73 million while playing Hall of Gods at Betsson Casino.
- In 2016, a player won $8.82 million while playing on his iPad at Zodiac Casino.
How to Bet Safely and Stop Playing Pokies When You Want
It is just as important to learn to play pokies online as it is to learn when to stop playing pokies online. As with everything in life, you need to know when enough is enough.
Play pokies responsibly by only spending money that you can afford to lose. Never play when drunk or high. Never play with money that is not yours. And remember that as quickly as you can win, you can also lose. You must see online pokies as a form of entertainment, and not as a way of making money. If you manage to win some money while playing, that is amazing and of course you will not complain. But be sure not to chase your losses and to know when it’s time to quit.
Our recommended online casinos offer several player protection tools like setting deposit limits, win/loss limits, wager limits, gaming session limits, taking reality checks, and time-out to control your pokies spending.
Tips to play pokies successfully
Pokies are one of the most played games across the land of Down Under. You know these games have very simple rules, they don’t need any skills or practice to play and win on them.
Pokie machines are among those games which you can’t apply any strategy to. They are games of pure chance. All you can do is choose a game, make a bet and push the Spin button. Your win depends on the luck only, because the modern gaming machines use special computer programme called the random number generator or RNG that generates symbols on the reels!
Be aware of the fact, each spin result is absolutely random, and there is no way to predict it. Moreover, each spin is an independent event meaning that the outcome of previous spins doesn’t affect the outcome of the next spin. And at last, keep in mind the RNG is programmed in such a way that the house has a mathematical advantage. That’s why in the long run the casino will surely win. However, there are some useful pokies tips and tricks to follow if you want to enjoy the game and not to go broke.
- Before making any real money bet, try as many games as you want in the practice mode. You can enjoy free versions and get to know these games’ winning combinations, features, betting range. But, what’s more important you can see and analyze each game return to player and then choose the pokie game or games with the highest payout percentage. You can also surf the net in search of information concerning pokies machine payback percentages. So, if you are here because of slot machine tips to win, discover demos before deposits.
- Avoid progressive pokies. These games lure with huge jackpots, however, they have the worst payback percentage. However, if you have always dreamt of hitting the jackpot, play them, but remember to meet the needed requirements to be eligible for the jackpot. For example, many progressive pokies want the maximum number of coins to bet.
- If you want to know really awesome pokies tips, don’t play fast. Some pokies players make over 600 spins per hour. You should understand the more you play, the higher the house edge is. This means the casino has more chances to take your money away. You’d better slow down in order to save your bankroll.
- Set a bankroll before starting to spin and don’t exceed it. As soon as your bankroll is over stop playing, don’t think that the next spin will surely win.
- Try to play pokies at one and the same casino (it must be a reliable and safe online casino though; there are lots of them in Oz). Being a regular player allows you to become a member of the loyalty club, earn loyalty points which then can be redeemed into casino credits. You can also get more bonuses, entries to the tournaments, giveaways and more. It is related to pokie machine tips for not only Australian gamblers but also for others fans of gambling.
- It may sound fantastic, but Lady Luck really exists. So, try to play when you are on a lucky streak. However, don’t believe in different signs of good fortune, amulets and the stuff like that. Actually, all these stories are just myths.
- If you manage to win big, don’t linger – grab your money and quit the game! If you want to play more, set a loss limit again and don’t exceed it.
- Enjoy yourself. Before starting to gamble, keep in mind that the casino has a mathematical edge and you can’t beat it. Start to play expecting to lose, however, hope for the occasional win. Think of the game as the source of entertainment and fun.
Follow our advice and have a good time gambling!
Pokies Tips FAQs
What is a pokie's payout structure?
A pokie's payout structure shows how much you can win on a bet for various symbol combinations. Each pokie has a different paytable. You have to read it carefully before beginning to play.
Can online casinos alter the payout percentage of online pokies?
Online casinos can alter the payout percentage of online pokies to give themselves an advantage over their players. That's why you should play only at licensed online casinos that display payout percentages on their websites.
What is the secret of winning jackpots?
There is no secret way of winning a jackpot. Just pick slots with high payout percentages, place the maximum bet required to hit the jackpot, and play within your bankroll limits.
Which online pokies have better odds?
According to experts, your odds of winning simple classic pokies are higher than your odds of winning complex, high-denomination progressive jackpot pokies.
How do I play pokies responsibly?
Play pokies responsibly by spending money that you can afford to lose. Our recommended online casinos offer several player protection tools like setting deposit limits, win/loss limits, wager limits, gaming session limits, taking reality checks, and time-out to control your pokies spending.